Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Fate of the Unicorn

Thanks to Threadless and a little deductive reasoning, I would like to propose a theory on the fate of the unicorn.
Threadless has a t shirt design (see above) that implies that unicorns once roamed the earth, but were obliterated through biblical misadventure. My friend Jess, in her delicious optimism, hoped that evolution rescued the unicorn from extinction by transforming it into a seahorse.

The alternative is too heartbreaking to even consider.

My mind wandered away from copywriting at hand.
It dawned on me that this could provide resolution to my longstanding curosity about the Narwhale. For those who don't know, the Narwale is a sea creature with a massive unihorn. I've included an image (below). See it, and you'll realize where this is all going.


In my opinion, this is too tight a theory for easy dismissal. I would encourage the scientific community to consider the following likelihood: creatures from the swamp learned to survive on land. Is it not then possible that, when faced with extinction, land animals like the unicorn could evolve into a sea-faring animal - viz. the Narwhale?


Clearly it is.

No comments: