Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Home Wreckin'

The delights of moving.
Two days ago I came in to work. My Creative Director regarded me through the meeting, and it wasn't until the subject of my painting my new place came up that he mentioned thinking that I was going grey. Honestly, I wish I hadn't mentioned the painting thing - going grey sounds more more dignified than simply being unable to wash my hair properly.

Anyway. Outfitting the home and how best to do it. Personally, am ricocheting between the obvious and the ridiculous - with the ridiculous in the clear lead. Did I really need that mirrored plinth? Or that poster of a dog with a lampshade around its neck? Yes.

And I need these too.

Exhibit 1: A way to burrow in my bookshelves. I don't know about you, but I remember hiding amongst the family sized laundry detergents in the supermarket aisles. The hiding was fun. The giving my mother consecutive heart attacks was awesome.

I was a small child.



Exhibit 2: ok, more book stuff. I have a billion of them. But anything called 'The Bibliochaise' wins my immediate thumbs up. It may be the most absurdly comfortable thing ever. But at least it's also the most expensive.



Exhibit 3: Blankets that make you look like a murdered 12th century monk. And with the variety of colours at your disposal, you can change your sexual proclivities as well for additional character depth.

(It does say that the large sleeves will let your hands roam free)


No comments: