Tuesday, April 08, 2008

You Know Who You Are

(I don't).

But that's ok. Because I don't think the intriguing aspect of all this is in the knowing or meeting. For me, it 's in three things: the first - experiencing a Craigslist MC story of my own. The second - realizing that it had been taken down and that it will remain an unsolvable case. The final - that I'm perfectly happy for it to remain so. As a result of this, I can finally put my finger on the essence of what it is about the MC that I love so well - it's the mystery. The musing on how and when these stories come about,
not the concrete outcome. It's the fodder to spark a million secret stories of your own.

This is to you, phantom. In the face of probability, you were caught (whoever you are). Someone saw it before you took it down and they alerted me. I thought they had posted it. They hadn't. I went to look for it in context. It was gone. And now I , being the type of person I am, have to mention it on my blog. Because it's my blog, you see. And I can.


For those who love the MC as much as I do - who love reading about other peoples' moments, who always sort of flirt with the 'what ifs' of actually having one posted for them: I assure you, it's a shock when it happens.
Pleasant, surprising, confounding, curious, apprehensive, reflective. Curious twice, yet. But it will always be one of those little stories that puts a spring in my step and a wink to the joy of mystery.

That's all I have to say for now. But for your information - you are outed, ghost writer.

And thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the SBTVD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://sbtvd.blogspot.com. A hug.