Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Commitment

I'm going to try it.
The first draft of my list of 10 places I want to see at this point in my life.
And it's not for you, it's for me. Although I'd like to hear your lists if you're so inclined.

Also. It's in no particular order. It took long enough to get this far and I'm old, weak, and tired from the attempt.

Now that I draft it, I realize that the first bit could actually be a little itinerary! Huzzah!

1. Argentina - Tierra del Fuego to Buenos Aires to Patagonia
2. ...To the Inca Trail, Cuzco & Macchu Picchu
3. ...To Colombia - Bogota and the Lost City Hike

Hopefully the drug lords, leftwing guerrillas, rightwing paramilitary, the police, & the army - all suspected of wrongdoing - won't prevent me from the next few.

4. Jordan - Petra & Wadi Rum
5. Egypt - tour the ancient cities: Saqqara, Edfu, Kom Ombo, Luxor
6. Laos/Cambodia - Angkor Wat
7. Indonesia
8. Madagascar & the pirate islands (Sainte Marie)
9. Turkey - Istanbul, Cappadocia, Olympus
10. Kenya - (must stay at the giraffe manor)


And there's the Smithsonian and Dia de los Muertos in Mexico.
Actually, specific festivals and landmarks are the next item of business.

This is complicated stuff.

No comments: