Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Goodbye Brett

Travis, one of the other writers at Tribal lost someone important yesterday:
Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre.

To honour Travis - and Brett - we created this little tribute.
Written by me, performed by Freddy, JC and Jess.

What we lack in rhythm, we make up for in heart.




Lyrics:
This goes out to all the Green Bay Packers fans who lost someone today. His name’s Brett.

Let’s do this.


Seems like yesterday you used to snap and throw
Laced your shoes and rocked Lambeau
The back of your jersey was number fo’
Green Bay Packers, you won the bowl
You were 1995’s MVP (uh-uh)
Words cant express what that meant to me
Even though you’re gone, they’re still a team
But now it’s like a Sundae without whipped cream
Brett next season I’m afraid to see
The Favre-less team playin’ on tv
Reminisce that tie in ‘0-2 at season’s end (uh-uh)
Try to black it out, but it plays again
Pain was real, vicodin tried to conceal
Can’t imagine injuries you feel
Give anything to keep you with us Brett (with us Brett)
Thanks to big ass paychecks - you got no debt.

Chorus:

Every chair I break, every ad I make
Every single day, every time they play
I’ll be missing you
Thinking of the play, when you ran away
What a point to make, what a game to break
I’ll be missing you


Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywFSg4Zql1g

No comments: