Friday, March 07, 2008

Snorterly Tranquileizer

'Lei' because of me. It tranquilizes me.
What is 'it'? Well son, hop up here and take a boo:



That's right. Mr Sketch smelly markers.

I notice, through blog posts and things that I say, that I've been waxing nostalgic recently. Lord knows why - maybe it has something to do with constantly trying to anticipate the future at work. My soul craves a little of the good ol' days. And in this case, the good ol' days are 1988 and Mr. Sketch smelly markers.

My favourite scents were light blue and pink, with light blue in the clear lead. Light blue was meant to smell like mango [fail], but it didn't matter - I literally couldn't (still can't) remove the cap without deep huffing. It's narcotic and disarming - yoga for the ol'factory.

So, a happy surprise:
When I need a breather from being THAT copywriter, I go and grab a Tazo tea from Starbucks, typically erring on the non-caffeinated side. One day, a new addition to the box display: Berryblossom White.



One sip, and my brain melted: every taste bud standing on end, screaming with Grade 2 art class. I swear to you, dear blogrels, it's like someone ground up Mr. Sketch blue smelly markers, bagged the debris and steeped away. My mind races with questions: namely, if the dulcet aromas of a Mr. Sketch light blue marker represents mango [again, fail] then is a berryblossom closer to the mark? Is there some natural combination of things that produce this heavenly stench?

Will my heart explode from such simple joys as these?

5 comments:

Charles J said...

I work at Starbucks.

Do I have your permission to draw this comparison whenever someone asks what white tea tastes like?

Leicentious said...

Please do. The truth must out itself.

nolin said...

I also loved the light blue Mr Sketch! For me it was always more of a "blue Mr Freezee" reminder...which i suppose lines up nicely with the berry tea reference.

Leicentious said...

Why is it that light blue is always the best of the fake flavours?

Leicentious said...
This comment has been removed by the author.