Thursday, June 28, 2007

Heed this Warning, Sony Headphone Wearers. Or Pay Dearly.


I didn't know this. And I paid dearly for my ignorance ($90 dearly).

I had been using the large Sony headphones instead of the iPod ear buds - they're cheapy, and I find them a more comfortable musical experience. I also feel badass walking down the street with big headphones on. That's how I roll.

Last week, my iPod stopped playing in stereo. I mistakenly thought it was my earphones, so I threw them away, but after asking a sales associate to open two or three new headphone cases to find a "working pair", I realized I had an iPod issue on my hands.

To recap: I love iPod. But I've gone through 4 in 2 years.

DO NOT use Sony Headphones in an iPod. The audio input is like, half a mm too large for an iPod audio jack. Eventually you'll have to get it replaced. It's a common problem, apparently.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmm. I had a pair of Apple earphones go all mono on me a while back while using them with my iPod, then I switched to some super-cheap, um, "black" headphones and those were ok. I chucked the earphones into my box of "Stuff I Will Need In Case I Go Deaf in One Ear Someday" box.

Meanwhile, I have been thoroughly enjoying your blog for a while now. It was the narwhal post what got me originally. Fascinating creatures, those.

Leicentious said...

Why, thank you kindly. I really appreciate that, mister :)

And
I too have a box of 'stuff I will need in case of.." items. Packrat nature.
It contains, in no particular order:

Items I will need in case I go deaf in one ear:
3 pairs of headphones that I paid $6.50 for three years ago (broken).


Items I will need in case I go blind in one eye:
2 pairs of sunglasses with one lens missing from each

Items I will need in case a freak accident claims one hand:
5 single gloves
*in this case, I would hope to get a hook prosthetic. The single glove could be supplemented by a hook warmer for the chilly winter months.